Fix MySQL Daemon startup #Fixit 01 🛠️🕵️

 Fixit?

In my Fixit series I'll write about quick solutions to problems that I encounter every now and then.


Problem

Brief: MySQL daemon fails to start

Details: So, I recently installed MariaDB (Community fork of MySQL) on my Manjaro system and when I started the system with: sudo systemctl start mysqld


This is the error I get:

Job for mariadb.service failed because the control process exited with error code.


Let's look at journalctl -xe:

A start job for unit mariadb.service has finished with a failure.


Not very helpful, let's look at mysqld's status with: systemctl status mysqld 

InnoDB: The innodb_system data file 'ibdata1' must be writable


Ah, there's the culprit mysql doesn't have write access to this file.


Solution

 A quick look at the man page and after some google searches the solution I came up with was simple:

sudo chmod -R 777 /var/lib/mysql

If you are facing any issues while running mysql_secure_installation, you can run mysql_upgrade -u root to fix the permission issues.

There we go, we have solved another problem, stay tuned for more FIxits. 🧑‍💻 🕵️


Comments

  1. DAEMON Tools Pro 8.3.0.0767 Crack
    I am very impressed with your post because this post is very beneficial for me and provide a new knowledge to me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remove Screen Flickering OBS 💻📹

Add Two Numbers Without Arithmetic Operators 🙅‍♂️➕

Enable Dark Mode On Chrome Everywhere 🌜🌎